It has been reported by some that Sony Xperia XZ can’t hear calls correctly. The sound and audio problem on the Xperia XZ when making or receiving calls can become a headache.
Below we’ll suggest some possible solutions to fix the can’t hear calls on the Xperia XZ. If the calling problems still are happening after the suggestions, then it’s recommended to contact your retailer to get the Xperia XZ replaced. The following is a guide on how to fix the Xperia XZ when you can’t hear calls.
Check Xperia XZ signal bars
The first thing you should do when you are having Xperia XZ can’t make calls is to check the signal bars on your smartphone. Since the way that you can receive or make a call is related to the cell phone service that is provided from a wireless tower to send a signal.
If you notice that your Xperia XZ has no signal, then it’s a good idea to reset your smartphone that can fix a small glitch on your phone. The following is a guide on how to reboot your Xperia XZ.
Verify if there’s outage in your area
Another reason that you could be having issues with calls on the Xperia XZ is because of a outage in your area. This is the most common reason behind your problem. From time to time, cellular service will go our for maintenance reasons and you need to wait until the network is back up and running.
How to fix Xperia XZ can’t hear calls:
- Turn off the Xperia XZ, remove the SIM card and then reinsert the SIM card on turn on the smartphone.
- Dirt, debris and dust could be stuck in the microphone, try cleaning the microphone with compressed air and check to see if the Xperia XZ audio problem is fixed.
- Audio problem can be caused by Bluetooth. Turn off the Bluetooth device and see if this will solve the audio problem on the Xperia XZ.
- Wiping cache of your smartphone can also solve the audio problem, read this guide on how to wipe the Xperia XZ cache.
- Another suggestion is to enter the Xperia XZ into Recovery Mode.