Some owners of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 have complained of having issues charging their smartphones. Issues like the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 not switching on after charging it. Other issues reported include the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 not coming up after it has been fully charged. You can follow the guide below to solve your charging issues on Samsung Galaxy Note 8.
Hit the Power button
The first thing you should check out is the power button. Press the ‘Power’ button for several time to be certain the problem is not the powering of your Note 8. If after doing this and your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is still experiencing the same issue, continue reading the rest of this guide.
Boot to Recovery Mode and Wipe Cache Partition
The following guide will help you to get the Samsung Note 8 into Recovery Mode by booting the smartphone:
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home, and Power buttons all together
- After the phone vibrates, release the Power button, while still holding the other two buttons until Android System Recovery screen shows.
- Using the “Volume Down” button, highlight the “wipe cache partition” function and long press the Power button to select it.
- After the cache partition has been cleared, the Samsung Note 8 will reboot automatically
Boot to Safe Mode
You will only be able to have access to preloaded apps when booting your Note 8 into ‘Safe Mode,’ this will help to be certain of the app that is causing issues on your smartphone. You can do this by following the steps below:
- Press and hold the Power button at the same time
- As soon as the Samsung screen appears, release the Power button then press and hold the Volume Down key.
- When your Note 8 is restarting, the Safe Mode text will be visible in the bottom left corner of the screen.
Get Technical Support
If the problem persists after trying all these methods, I will strongly advise that you take your Samsung Galaxy Note 8 to the store or to a shop where it can be physically checked for any damaged. If the technician concludes that it is defective, a replacement will be given to you, or it could be repaired. But most of the time, the primary cause of this problem is when the power button on your Galaxy Note 8 stops working.