Have you forgot your password on your Galaxy Note 8? If you have, you won’t be able to get into your Note 8 easily. Forgetting your password can be really scary, but there are some solutions. One of the options is to do a hard factory reset. If you do this, you will lose all of your data, but it’s a last resort option that can help you out of any situation. Learn how to do a hard factory reset here. If you’d rather try other methods first, follow the information that’s provided below.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Android Device Manager
One option that you can use is the unlocking feature available through Android Device Manager. The Android Device Manager has a “lock” feature that can help you out of situations like this. Learn about it below.
- Navigate to Android Device Manager from a PC.
- Look for your Galaxy Note 8 on the Device Manager website.
- Tap to enable the “Lock & Erase” feature.
- Follow the steps on the page to ‘lock’ your phone.
- Set a password you’ll remember.
- You can now enter that password on your Note 8.
- You’ll be given an option to enter a new password and your phone will be unlocked.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy Note 8 with Samsung Find My Mobile
If you created a Samsung account and have logged into that account on your Samsung Note 8, you’ll be able to use the Samsung Find My Mobile tool to unlock your Note 8 remotely without having your lock screen password. Follow the steps we have listed below to use the Samsung Find My Mobile feature.
- Make sure your Note 8 is registered with Samsung.
- Go to the Find My Mobile service from your PC to temporarily reset the password
- Use the new password to bypass the lock screen.
- Set a new password when prompted and your Note 8 will be unlocked.
How To Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy Note 8
If you haven’t managed to unlock your Note 8 by using any of the options above, your next option would be to factory reset your Galaxy Note 8. Unfortunately, this option will erase all of your data, but it will help you to get back into your device. Learn how to factory reset a Galaxy Note 8.