Using the Wi-Fi Hotspot capability of your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus comes handy especially when connecting other devices to the Internet. You may also find it useful to set up your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus as a Wi-Fi Hotspot whenever there is slow or weak public Wi-Fi signal strength.
To utilize the Wi-Fi hotspot capability of your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus device, you must first set up the Hotspot on your device. This guide teaches our readers how to change the password and the security type of their iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus mobile hotspot.
Using iPhone7 and iPhone 7 Plus Hotspot Capability
- Turn your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus on
- Open the settings from the Home screen
- Tap on Cellular
- Choose Personal Hotspot
- Toggle On the Wi-Fi switch
- Create your password by following the directions below;
- Settings>Personal Hotspot>Password
- Then type in your new password
Changing the Hotspot Name on your iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- Ensure your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus is powered on.
- Tap on Settings from your device’s home screen.
- Select About then tap on Name
- Now, enter your new name for the iPhone 7 Hotspot
If you end up with a non functional mobile Hotspot after correctly following the steps to create it, then its good to consult your wireless carrier because a few data plans do not provide mobile hotspot until when you upgrade to it. The wireless carrier might give you a compatible plan.