At one point or other, there comes a time where you want to use the Sony Xperia XZ as a flashlight. The Xperia XZ flashlight is no LED Maglight replacement, but it will do in a great job in helping in times that you need a light source for Xperia XZ.
In the past, you would need to download an app to turn on flashlight for a Sony Xperia XZ smartphone. You can avoid downloading a Xperia XZ Torch app, because Sony includes a widget that will turn on the Xperia XZ flashlight on and off. A widget is a small shortcut that you add to the home screen of Xperia XZ. It looks like an app icon, but it will turn a flashlight on or off.
This guide will teach you how to use Torch on Xperia XZ with it’s built in widget and easily use the flashlight feature on your Xperia XZ.
This is how to use Sony Xperia XZ as a flashlight:
- Turn on your Sony Xperia XZ.
- With you finger, press down on the home screen down until the “Wallpapers,” “Widgets” and “Home screen settings” show up on the screen.
- Select “Widgets”
- Browse all the widgets until you see “Torch”
- Select and hold “Torch” and move it to an open position on the home screen.
- When you need to use flashlight on Xperia XZ, just select the “Torch” icon.
- To turn off the flashlight, you can tap the icon or go to the notification settings to turn off Torch.
The instructions above should help answer the question for those who asked “How do I use flashlight on Sony Xperia XZ?” If you want to use launcher to use flashlight on Xperia XZ, it should be similar, except some of the widgets might be in different locations.