For those who want to know to how to turn on and use screen mirroring on a Huawei P9, we’ll explain the process below. There are a number of different ways that you can use the Huawei P9 to screen mirror to a TV. The process of screen mirroring is very easy to do with the correct software. The following is a guide that will provide you two different methods to connect screen mirroring on the Huawei P9 to a TV.
Connect Huawei P9 To TV: Hard-Wired Connection
- You will need an MHL adapter that is compatible with the Huawei P9
- Connect the Huawei P9 to the adapter
- Plug the adapter to a power source
- Use a standard HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the HDMI port on your television
- Set the TV to display video from the HDMI port you are using. Typically, you will need to set the source or input to HDMI on your TV. Once done, the TV will mirror your phone
NOTE: If you have an older analogue TV, purchasing an HDMI to a composite adapter would help allow the Huawei P9 to play on your TV and screen mirror.
Connect Huawei P9 To TV: Wireless Connection
- You will need to have an Allshare Hub device
- Connect the Allshare Hub to your TV with a standard HDMI cable
- Connect the Huawei P9 and the AllShare Hub or TV to the same wireless network
- Access Settings > Screen Mirroring
NOTE: If you are using a SmartTV, you do not need to purchase an Allshare Hub.