Today’s guide focuses on solving the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus email server connection issues displayed by the message that reads “Cannot Get Mail the Connection to Server Failed.” This error is usually displayed when your smartphone attempts to email messages especially from Microsoft Exchange. The solutions outlined below have proven effective in solving this issue on both iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus.
Re-enter your Account Passwords
The email to server connectivity issues may arise due to a recent change of your login passwords in desktop.
On your iOS device, from the Settings, go to the Mail and tap on Contacts then choose Calendar and select Account. From here you can tap on Password to enter your new password.
Your iPhone 7 and iPhone7 Plus will then prompt for a sign in so as to make these changes effective. Once you complete logging in, your email account will update the password changes and then refresh your emails.
Note: If the prompt to sign in is not shown, try the previous process 2 to 3 times.
Try to Change the Password Settings
You can fix the problem stated in the beginning by changing your Yahoo or Microsoft Exchange email account then retest to see if the problem has been fixed.
Moving Emails to a Different Inbox or Inboxes
You should try fixing the issues at hand by moving all your emails to a temporary folder that is created on the server.
Change the Security Settings on your Microsoft Exchange
- Open the Active Directory users as well as Computer
- From the top menu tap on View and choose Advanced features.
- Locate and right click on mail account then choose properties
- Tap on the Security tab and choose the advanced option
- Check the “include inheritance permissions from this objects parents”
- Turning off your Cloud. Get into all your email accounts and reset the passwords
- Enabling and then disabling the Airplane Mode
- Deleting the email account and the creating a new one.
- Resetting your Network Settings through the Settings. Then proceed by choosing General, Reset and then reset Network Settings.
- Changing the Mail Days to Sync option to be No Limit