Many people using the Samsung Galaxy S7 that is running the latest Android Version Nougat have reported problems with the IMEI number. Many have claimed that the IMEI number does not work hence needing repair. The IMEI issue facing Samsung Galaxy S7 has also affected other Samsung smartphones as well.
To some users this problem prevents them from utilizing services such as SMS, calls and even mobile data. Although Samsung Galaxy S7 has enjoyed so much success since its release throughout the whole world, we shall help you to deal with the issues affecting the IMEI number. The guide we have provided gives two methods through which you can fix your IMEI number on Samsung Galaxy S7 running on Android Nougat 7.0
Fix Firmware Updates
- Power on your Galaxy S7
- Go to the home screen and open Apps
- Click on Settings
- Choose About Device
- Click on Software Updates
- As soon as the pop-up messages comes up, click on Download
- Wait for the download to complete
Restoring and Repairing a Null IMEI number
- Switch on your Galaxy S7
- Enable the USB Debugging mode and enter into it
- Connect your Galaxy S7 to a computer and,
- Download the EFS Restorer Express
- Open the downloaded file and launch the EFS-BACK.BAT file
- Select a suitable method to restore the EFS through Odin.
If you carefully follow these steps, you should not have any problem fixing the IMEI number issues on your Galaxy S7.