If you have a Samsung Galaxy S7 or the Galaxy S7 Edge which happens to be running on the latest Android 7.0 version, you may still experience slow running apps as well as a fast draining battery. The root causes of this problem are the background running apps. Social networking medias and lifestyle apps are constantly searching the web for updates.
These are processes which do not help your smartphone to any extent. They use too much bandwidth and consume a lot of your battery life which eventually slows down your smartphone. It would be desirable to manually update these apps so as to save on battery life in return especially when running Android 7.0 Nougat.
For those of us who only recently started using the Android OS, you may want to learn how to close and turn off the background applications on Galaxy S7 or the Galaxy S7 Edge.
Closing Background Applications on Android 7.0 Nougat
- Switch on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone
- Click on the Recent Apps from your phone’s home screen
- Choose the active applications
- Next to the application required, click on End or select End all
- Click Ok if prompted to do so.
Disabling Gmail and Google Services Background Data
- power on your Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge
- Go to your settings menu and click on Accounts
- Click on Google
- Choose your accounts name
- Uncheck the option for Google Services that you would like to disable in the background.
Closing and Disabling Background Data for all services on Android Nougat.
- Power on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge smartphone
- Go to the settings and select the option for Data Usage
- Tap the three dots from the upper right corner of your screen and open the Context Menu.
- Proceed to Auto Sync data
- Click on Ok
Disabling Background Data for Twitter
- Power on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and the S7 Edge smartphone
- Select on Accounts from the Accounts
- Click on Twitter
- Uncheck the option for Sync Twitter
For Facebook, you will have to disable the background data from Facebook menus. Follow the prompts below;
- Switch on your Samsung Galaxy S7 and the Galaxy S7 Edge as well.
- Proceed to the Settings Menu in Facebook
- Click on Refresh Interval
- And choose Never