If you have purchased the Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, it is very important to learn how you can setup and assign an emergency contact. This can be really helpful especially for unfortunate events. If you lost your phone or you’re in an emergency, other people won’t have to unlock it since they appear on the lock screen.
If you set this emergency contact on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+, there will be a special icon on the lock screen so it can be easily dialed even when the screen is locked. If you have several special people in your life whom you can depend on when times get really rough, you can set them up as your emergency contact. This is very useful and we really recommend it to all smartphone users.
Here’s a guide on things that you need to understand and do when setting up an emergency contact.
However, this is a two-step process, that would indicate:
- Assigning emergency contact to the “In Case of Emergency” group on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Enabling emergency contacts call from the Lock screen
Setting up the ICE group
- Switch on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+
- Tap on the App menu from Home screen
- Then select Contacts app
- Select the Groups button which is placed at the top part of the screen
- Tap on the ICE emergency contacts from the list of active default groups
- Hit the Edit button
- Then start adding your preferred emergency contacts
- Finally, save this ICE emergency group after you finished editing it
Enabling Emergency Contact on Lock Screen
- Lock the screen of your Samsung Galaxy S9 or S9+
- Power on the display without unlocking it to display the lock screen
- Press and hold the phone icon placed on the lower left part of the screen
- Then drag it to the center display
- Select the Emergency option
- Then start adding up your emergency contacts, same as the ones you have added to the ICE group. Here, you can add up to 3 contacts;
- Tap on the “+” sign each time you add a new emergency contact
And that’s basically all the stuff you need to know when setting up and enabling emergency contacts on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+. You’ll never know what happens so it’s very important to set this up before you lose your phone or unfortunately if you got into an accident. In this way, the people who find your phone won’t have a hard time trying to get to you since everything they need to do is just there on your Samsung Galaxy S9 and S9+ lock screen.