Apple’s newest flagship phone, the iPhone 10, is packed with a lot of great premium features. It offers good hardware, security, functionality and customization. In this article, we will show you how to use some customization features on your iPhone 10 like downloading free ringtones and how to use custom audio files tones.
If you ever get bored of the default ringtones on your iPhone 10, there are a lot of ways you can set new custom ringtones for those incoming calls, text messages and mail. You can even set custom ringtones for different people on your contact list. Ringtones customization on iPhone 10 is endless. Refer to our guides below to maximize these features on your phone.
Where to Download Ringtones for iPhone 10
You can download ringtones for your iPhone 10 through the iTunes store. This can be done by following these step by step instructions:
- Open your iTunes Store. It is the purple icon with a white star in the center.
- If you are unable to find the app icon, you can access this alternatively through Settings > Sounds > Ringtone, then Store at the top right-hand corner of your screen
- Select More from the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.
- Select Tones.
- Browse through the ringtones and select one that you would like to purchase
- Tap its price then select the Buy Tone option
- Login your Apple ID and password then tap Done to confirm.
- Wait for the download to finish.
Downloaded ringtones will automatically appear on your Ringtones list. This is the easiest way to download ringtones for your iPhone 10 but are not mostly free.
Creating Your Own Free Ringtones on iPhone 10
There is a better alternative method if you want to get your ringtones for free. This is done through iTunes, where an existing audio file of any type (typically songs) of your choice can be cut and converted into ringtones. There are a few preparatory steps you should take before the actual converting of your audio files to ringtone.
Downloading iTunes on your Computer
If you haven’t done already, you must download and install iTunes on a computer where you can connect your iPhone 10. iTunes is required in creating your own ringtones from existing audio files. If you already have iTunes, you may skip this step.
- Proceed to https://www.apple.com/ph/itunes/download/
- Scroll down the page to access the Downloads buttons.
- Choose Download now.
- Once finished, click on the downloaded installer and follow the installation wizard instructions on screen.
NOTE: If you scroll down on the page further, you will see the minimum system requirements – if your computer may be able to run the software. Although, it is highly unlikely that your unit cannot run iTunes since it is a fairly lightweight program.
Prepare the Audio File You Want to Set as Ringtone
If you already have a copy of the audio file you wish to use as ringtones, you’re good to go. If not, you can download or copy from other sources the songs you want to use. At this stage, the file format of your audio file does not matter since it will be converted during later steps. Audio files usually come as MP3, WAV or WMA.